This is what we've been doing at school lately; we've been playing Jenga! With no students to teach we have nothing else to do but to waste some time at school then go back home. A colleague of mine brought this game from his last trip to Thailand and it's the first time I try it. It's a good game to kill boredom. Although it's not so complicated, it needs some techniques and tactics to carry on without making it collapse.
Wednesday, February 28, 2007
Monday, February 26, 2007
Saturday, February 24, 2007
Friday, February 23, 2007
If you're a shortcut junkie, like me, you will praise this nifty application. KeyCue lists almost all shortcuts of the active application you're running with one click of a button. Just hold down "Command" button for a short period (can be adjusted) and this window will pop up listing every shortcut you need to know.
UPDATE: " Q: How do I uninstall KeyCue? "
To uninstall KeyCue, perform these steps: -- source
KeyCue versions before 2.0 installed a scripting extension in Library/ScriptingAdditions within your home folder. The name of this scripting extension starts with "KeyCue". If you will no longer use KeyCue, you can delete this scripting extension as well.
Tuesday, February 20, 2007
Looks like my Visa is active again. I got a call from Keifan Central telling me they have a package for me. I went there to see one of the orders that had been stalling my visa delivered with shipping date of Feb. 14, 2007. I have placed that order earlier in January before my visa was blocked not knowing if it would be confirmed or not since the site I ordered from doesn't have shipment tracking.
Now that the shipment has been delivered and money deducted from my Visa I can make sure it's working again.
Just in case you're wondering what I ordered, it's an FC Bayern Munich rain jacket. I'm gonna wear this to bring luck for Bayern Munich on their match against Real Madrid TONIGHT! [unpacked]
UPDATE: Bayern Munich lost 3-2 but they still have a good chance of getting through if they win 1-0 or 2-1. *high hopes*
Saturday, February 17, 2007
- Introduction to Information Technology | 10 hours
- MS Windows XP | 10 hours
- MS Word 2003 | 10 hours
- MS Excel 2003 | 10 hours
- MS PowerPoint 2003 | 10 hours
- MS Access 2003 | 10 hours
- MS Outlook 2003 & Internet | 10 hours
- Adobe Photoshop CS2 - Beginning level | 30 hours
- Adobe Photoshop CS2 - Advanced level | 30 hours
- Adobe Illustrator CS2 - Beginning level | 20 hours
- Adobe Illustrator CS2 - Advanced level | 20 hours
- MS Publisher 2003 | 10 hours
- Adobe InDesign CS2 | 30 hours
- Macromedia FreeHand MX 2004 | 20 hours
- 3D Studio Max 7.0/8.0 (3D design) | 40 hours
Wednesday, February 14, 2007
Monday, February 12, 2007
Yes, Al-Ghanim sucks. Now in similar situations the curse gets generalized to stand from one representative to include the whole family although it's meant for something else. As in this one for example it's meant to stand for Al-Ghanim Motor Company (by the way it should be Al-Ghanim Motor Reseller/Retailer).
I don't know how in hell Al-Ghanim or any other automotive reseller here in Kuwait agree to name his company over his name. People don't curse their car maker, people curse their car dealer! I know I do. Their services stand for their reputation and when those services aren't good their reputation go down with it as well.
Anyways, I don't have to explain my point further more. The reason behind this post is that I have finally repaired my brake lights. They had been broken since November '06. I got this brake light for 37KD when it costs 19KD online but guess what? Since our fellow dealer is an exclusive dealer no one can import his brands' auto accessories from abroad without his permission, not even individuals.
I'll end it right here with these pics:-
- Before -
- Fresh out of the box -
- After -
Sunday, February 11, 2007
Finally, after almost three weeks since formatting it, I got my MAXTOR hard disk replaced under warranty yet I was not expecting this, I got +20GB on the new one! Both are 300GB MAXTOR OneTouch disks but the first one had 279GB of actual capacity while this one has 298GB!
I'm almost certain the retailer didn't know about that otherwise he would've never given it to me.
Words of the day:
Compunctious? No. Advantageous? Yes.
Currently: Ecstatically elated.
MTC-Vodafone Zain e-GO link on your Mac could be a little tricky because there's nothing mentioned on how to do it that comes with the box. A lot of people are having trouble trying to set it up on their Mac computers so here's how to do it.
- Download e-GO driver for Mac. [link]
- Uncompress the file and uncompress the files within. (2 files)
- Choose which driver based on your Mac. (Intel/PowerPC)
- Install the driver; go through installation till the end.
- Double click on the other file and enter PPS as your APN code.
- Now go to System Preferences > Network. You should have a new connection called HUAWEI.
- Double click on that connection, set your PPP username and password as PPS and dial number to *99#.
- On the same dialog go to Modem tab, choose HUAWEI modem from the list, uncheck the Wait for dial tone box, and turn OFF sound.
- Click Apply Now.
- Go back to PPP tab and choose Dial Now then click Connect.
- example -
Review: To be honest it is still a rip off. People abroad are getting cable connection for the price of dail-up in Kuwait while we have to stick with this overpriced inconvenience and keep joking to ourselves about how fast it is, well it isn't as fast.
As you can see in the example the connection is 3.6Mbps which should be considerably fast but it is way slow compared to what they are promising. It even lagged on YouTube! However it does its job quite nice for quick connectivity and light browsing though not for heavy downloads.
The signal was fine, it was tested in Qurain and Shuwaikh, but I've heard it drops down during the night because they're still working on the network.
PS: Tested on my friend's MacBook.
UPDATE (December 2008): Here's how you can install the new eGO (Huawei E180) firmware for Mac. [link]
Saturday, February 10, 2007
Friday, February 09, 2007
What you're looking at right here is a fully functional Mac PowerBook G4 15" (except the monitor of course). It boots, airport works fine, bluetooth still working; everything seems intact on the inside! [source] [more pictures]
And I thought my PowerBook damage was bad. :/
Thursday, February 08, 2007
Most shisha smokers and "gahawi" riders know Digol Cafe so here are the news; my ultimate hang out will be closed down because the building is scheduled for demolition within the next few weeks. However the Cafe has moved to Free Trade Zone at Shuwaikh port and it will open next week.
I should consider this as a sign to quit because this is the third time this place gets closed and each time it opens up again it goes farther and farther. Honestly I cannot afford to hit all that road just to smoke shisha.
Elijah asked if I have tried to quit so this is my answer. I don't think I will quit but that should make me ease up on it then hopefully to quit later on.
UPDATE: Cafe digol is now open for bachelors & families at Kuwait free trade zone in Shuwaikh port.
This is the last tag I'll be doing.
Ten Things you don't know about me:
- I can barely speak as good as I write in English. (lack of practice?)
- My eye sight is 6/6 with my right eye and 5/6 with my left eye.
- I had the opportunity to become an officer but I was discharged within the first few weeks.
- I studied at Kuwait University for one semester then I transferred to CBE.
- I have jabbed my sister with broken scissors when I was at sixth grade. Nothing bad happened.
- I've never been to the Scientific Center till this day.
- So far I have shot and killed 17 rats.
- I have never had a car accident, been in one but I wasn't the one driving. (thikro allah)
- I always drive with my seatbelt on.
- I was a moderator at Student.com
There... no more tags!
Promotion: Why you should read for Ms Loala:-
- She's a new blogger. (almost :P)
- She's very informative.
- Soon she'll become a Mac user, hopefully! ;P
- She's a vector artist!
- She's Fun!
- Because I say so.
Now you ought to comment on her blog.
- She's Cooool.
- She likes English Literature.
- She likes JAMES BLUNT, so how can you not like her?
I hope I don't get beaten up for this! xP
Tuesday, February 06, 2007
Out of politeness, check out the CAN campaign if you're interested. [link]
Monday, February 05, 2007
I've been going back and forth trying to figure out a solution regarding my visa issue but it looks like it will never get solved. I have NBK's Internet Shopping Card and I've been using it for almost 7 months now but I've never had it blocked for anything. Now it's blocked because of two declined purchases and I have to wait 15 days to get it reactivated after they check up on those two invoices. I don't know why the hold up when they can easily refuse the process and get my money back to my balance.
Sunday, February 04, 2007
AdiumX 1.0 has been released.
UPDATE: Laialy_Q8 asked what's new so here's a shortlist:-
- Working Direct Connect and file transfer.
- Global user profile and buddy icon.
- Xtras manager.
- Completely overhauled interface and icons.
- Redesigned log viewer.
- Major privacy enhancements.
- Full changelog here.
A friend of mine (new switcher) asked if there's an Arabic dictionary available for Mac and with quick skimming over google I came to this great dictionary, OmniDictionary.
There's also step by step instructions on how to install a fully functional Arabic dictionary. [download steps]
PS: Added to Mac Starters Guide
Porsche Club of Kuwait are offering their event DVD for 10KD. This is just a short footage of their DVD so if anyone is interested just contact Reem Natali (marketing director) at Behbehani Motors Company.
The club at Flickr: [link]
Video courtesy of dakosh at Q8speed
Saturday, February 03, 2007
1) What you're looking at right here is a towing truck owned by Agility Logistics (formerly known as PWC Logistics) parked at Marina Crescent parking lot near the basketball court. The guy wearing the white shirt (Philippino guy) on the pic is the driver and guess what? He had just finished playing basketball. The funny thing is that there were TWO TRUCKS taking 6 parking spaces. So much for logistics.
2) A common scene at Marina Mall on weekends. These retards parked their cars over the pavement/grass. They're not the first and definitely not the last retards we'll see around parking like that.
3) Now this is a genuine 3gaidi (
singular, def.) Ricer. With Japans flag on his sunroof, pink license plate with "Hot Girl" sign on his dashboard, teddy bear hugging a 1 meter radius RPM gauge, cheap looking rims, and plastic sideskirt, this guy could use a Rolls Royes Pegasus on his overworked car. Pathetic.
4) Range Rover Sport with Saudi plates cutting through traffic and parked in the middle of the intersection. Why? Because he wants to take a U-turn. He comes and pulls this sh!t out in our country like we don't already have enough retards! I guess these road rules work for all GCC countries.
5) Something I couldn't take a picture of. Someone threw firecrackers near our table when we were sitting at Tche Tche. A very civilized thing he did, I know. Probably one of those gel-abusive brats. The little b@stard slipped away without getting beaten up.
-- sorry for the poor quality images --