Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Demonoid !

All of you "leechers" know Demonoid.com, it is like eden gardens for torrents. The site's been down since Sep. 26 but that's not the point.

The point is... By mistake I tried accessing Demonoid without activating my proxy and guess what? It was not blocked. I tried other sites that had been blocked by MOC / ISPs such as thepiratebay.org and hi5.com and they all opened without any problem.

Could there be a "not-so-bad" problem with my ISP (Gulf Net) ? Or did they just give up on blocking sites?

6 comments:

Purgatory said...

Dude why let them notice!

Mathai said...

too all the would be commentators on this post.. Dont mention anymore torrent sites.. :) Sshhhh! ISP's are listening

MacaholiQ8 said...

Purgatory:
What?! Stalkers! *deletes his cookies and burns his fingertips*

heh, don't worry they're accessible with and without the block. ;)



Mathai:
mininova.com
isohunt.com
btjunkie.org
torrentbox.com

... Blame me. :P

Dr Mike said...

Our ISP uses OpenDNS for it's enduser's DNS. Demonoid is up and down for accessibility. It's just a matter of how it's ranked at that time with that service.

Kind of a pain actually.

Bashar said...

Finally, good ISP problems. This must be an inside hero, like Robin Hood. Steal torrents from rich, give it to the poor :P

Although I'm against piracy, I hate censorship.

MacaholiQ8 said...

Dr Mike:
Don't really know how that works but imagine having over 20% of the internet content (other than adult sites) censored for no reason. :/



Bashar:
You against piracy? Man I thought you're like "leechers" guru! I guess I was wrong. LOL! xD