Saturday, September 16, 2006

Tornado problem = Solved, maybe.

I went to United Networks workshop (Showtime workshop) at Al-Thajeej area this morning and it's official, they have numerous Tornado modems that have the same malfunction. It looks like it has an overheating problem that causes it to disconnect. They offered to replace my Tornado modem with a new one of the same brand but I insisted they give me another brand so they gave me Linksys Wireless-G (WAG200G) ADSL home gateway. Now I'm not going to rush on anything, but at least this one's smaller in size, has better signal coverage around the house and it doesn't make much noises when you lift the phone like the Tornado did.

Happy? Hell yes I am.
Satisfied? Not yet because I want to make sure I won't have to pay them another visit. Ohh and one last thing, hoping someone of United Networks would see this message...

One phone line for testing internet connectivity in your workshop?! Pffffftttt... Even my house has three phone lines and your workshop doesn't. =/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate driving to Dajeej...LOL...that infamous exit to 50 and climbing back to 6th right...shoooot I hate that....Linksys...hmmmm...now lets see how this is going to work...I dont want to disappoint you, but linksys never gave me good night sleep...but let see if this is going to work well for you or not...

LOL @ phone lines...

MacaholiQ8 said...

Please don't tell me that! =(
They don't have any other brand than those two. *hopes nothing's wrong with the new modem ~ fingers Xed*