Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Safari 4 | Unleashed


Nothing outstanding about the release of Safari 4 so I'll just get through it quickly...

Browsing is fast. I mean really fast to the point that I thought for a second I had 2MB broadband connectivity instead of my actual 1MB. That's about the only exceptional thing.

As for other stuff you got Chrome-style Top Sites listing your bookmarks and favorite / most visited sites all in one window. Coverflow-style history search and bookmarks, new tab button on the upper right corner, smooth scroll using command+direction buttons, and fast launch time than before.

One of the things that had been available with the last beta version of Safari 4 is overhead tabs (like Chrome, tabs were on top of the browser's frame) but it has been removed. That was stupid and a bit irritating to handle. Removing it from this full version is certainly a relief.

= 30 !

8 comments:

intlxpatr said...

How did you get it so quickly?

MacaholiQ8 said...

It was available for download right after WWDC conference, around 1am in Kuwait. :)

bumo said...

U can add one more apple now :)

MacaholiQ8 said...

Finally! I should add three for this big catch, hah! :D
Congrats man o if you need anything (apps, tuts) I'm here. Enjoy. :)

bumo said...

Thnx mate ;D i will inform u when u are needed :D

Q8Food said...

I haven't heard nice reviews about it yet

but it seems cool

Fjr said...

eh

MacaholiQ8 said...

bumo:
Sure no problem. :)


Q8Food:
The only outstanding thing in it is that it's really fast.


Fjr:
:?