Everybody knows by now that we might get* Mustang police patrols here in Kuwait alongside the Charger patrols in Q1 2009.
Recently there has been a lot of encounters with the car and media revolving around the blogsphere from youtube videos to forum photo-entries made it somehow exciting.
To me though, it's sheer madness and a stupid move by MOI. Why?
- We rarely have police pursuits, the BMW and Charger would do just fine in those rare occasions.
- The car comes modified with a twin-screw Whipple supercharger. I don't think any of our patrol cops have the ability to handle such a beast in a pursuit.
- Most our patrol cops are reckless and arrogant and would probably abuse this car. Their actions and stupid accidents speak for themselves.
- This will make some thoughtless sport car drivers and bikers more reckless hoping to encounter the patrol car and actually outrun it.
- (UPDATE)*: Our police patrols are not allowed to pursuit motorbikes and buggies, the maniac masters of law-breaking. This law was enforced a few years back to prevent road rage and chaotic situations.
That's my perspective. I don't think there's a single good to this deal.
Videos of the car: Cruising - Parked (interior shots)
* Still under testing, not official to join the fleet just like the Audi A6.
* Thanks to Bashar for reminding me of that point.