Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Scammed by Yahoo!

I got the following SMS earlier today...


"Your Phone Number: 965******* won $9500 in the Yahoo! 2007 Mail Flash. Winners contact mailprize@yahoo.com for free claims and delivery. www.yahoo.com"


According to this link it's nothing but scam. It all started with emails and now reached cellphones. The confusing thing, however, is that the sender id on my cellphone is Yahoo! Mail, that means Wataniya is aware of the sender's id and is most likely part of this despicable scam circle.

10 comments:

Hamza said...

OR..
the person who sent it used one of the software tools and modified his/her name to "Yahoo Mail"..Its possible. I've tried it..but hey, I am not the one who sent it :P

Yazeed said...

okh
qadeem inta
i got this on my wataniya line during the summer of 05, lots of people got it back then, i guess they are starting it again.

Anonymous said...

mabroook 3laik el $9500 ;P

MacaholiQ8 said...

hamza:
Could be.
And it better not be you. :P



yaz:
Yeah I guess so.



hussain:
Allah ebarik feek, a5amis-hum 3laik. :P



laialy:
Making money of boredom, sounds fun! I'll figure out my own scam messages! xD



kinan:
Indeeeeeeeeed.

eshda3wa said...

if it true
can i get a cut ;)

EniGma said...

nas fa6'ya!!!

Ms Loala said...

7safa el $9500, i've had plans for it already ;p
Ta9refhom bel 3afya, not xD

KJ said...

Huh

I can't believe you actually fell for that crap.

MacaholiQ8 said...

eshda3wa:
Sure but it's not true, it's scam.


sene:
Actually, it's pretty intelligent to e-rob people.


enigma:
Exactly.



ms loala:
Hehe .. wallah if it was true I would have given you all a cut. ;P


kj:
I did not fall for it, hence I posted it's scam. ;)

Pavani Vamsi said...

think it is started again, yesterday I got a mail and message. How to stop this????? any idea for any one