This post is dedicated to 3baid
Not long ago I had posted about "Menufela being shareware" and ever since it stopped working I was looking everywhere for any -illegal- method to make it work again but I couldn't find any. So out of curiosity I started to mess with the program hoping to come out with something. Ironically, don't know whether anyone else knows about this or not, I did find a decent crack to keep the program running although you'd have to do it every time you restart your Mac but it's not a big deal, right?!
Anyway... Here's how to do it:-
- Download Pref Setter.
- Using Spotlight, search for "Menufela".
- Look for the file:-
(also can be found under /Users/*ur username*/Library/Preferences)
- Open that file using Pref Setter.
- Change the "hide menu" option/key by double-clicking on its value "false" to change it to "true".
- Click "File > Save" on Pref Setter's menubar.
-- The menubar should be hidden when you reach here --
Update: To make these changes permanent:-
- [options + i] @
- Change "Ownership & Permissions" to "Read Only".
- Tick on the "Locked" box under "General".
So there you go, back to minimalistic desktops.
I don't think this qualifies me to be a hacker, no? ;P