Monday, October 09, 2006

The Open Door


Alternative/Gothic rock band Evanescence have released their new album "The Open Door" last week. At first I though it will definitely be better than their late album "Fallen" but after I downloaded it I got very disappointed although it has some good songs but it's in no league with Fallen. Amy Lee's vocals were less toned and their guitars are not as good, not to mention Amy Lee's un-categorized lyrics.

I will rate each song in a scale of 10 according to my taste:-

  1. Sweet Sacrifice (8/10)
  2. Call Me When You're Sober (8.5/10)
  3. Weight Of The World (7/10)
  4. Lithium (9/10)
  5. Cloud Nine (7/10) (8.5/10)
  6. Snow White Queen (6.5/10)
  7. Lacrymosa (6/10) (7/10)
  8. Like You (5/10)
  9. Lose Control (4.5/10)
  10. The Only One (7.5/10) (8.5/10)
  11. Your Star (7/10)
  12. All That I'm Living For (8/10)
  13. Good Enough (6.5/10)

6 comments:

Misguided said...

Their Songwriter left the group after Amy Lee decided to get herself a new boyfriend. That may explain why the songs are not up to par.

I was considering downloading it.. but after listening to Call Me When You are Sober.. I changed my mind.

Sad really.. their previous work was really good.

MacaholiQ8 said...

Who? Ben Moody?! I didn't know he left for that reason (her getting a new BF), what I know is that he left because he had drug and alcohol habit which lead into problems between both of them. =/

Anyhow, their last album was %100 better than this one but give it a shot and listen to it, you might like at least one of their new collection.

Anonymous said...

their bring me to life was a big hit...i got to check these ones out...

MacaholiQ8 said...

Bring Me To Life was their most famous song because it was featured on Dare Devil which lifted their best album higher, I don't think they will get much gratitude on their new album though.

Hope you find it good.

Anonymous said...

Call Me When You're Sober ROCKS. The video is on par with the music... freaky kids balleting down the stairs then flying into the air? awesome... and just a little bit scary.

MacaholiQ8 said...

Not that this album isn't good but I do prefer their old album much more.