Wednesday, January 30, 2008

StatCounter

According to my last post not a lot of people seem to know about web trackers such as StatCounter.

"A free yet reliable invisible web tracker, highly configurable hit counter and real-time detailed web stats. Insert a simple piece of our code on your web page or blog and you will be able to analyse and monitor all the visitors to your website in real-time!

- Free, Fast, Responsive, Quick loading and Reliable Service.
- Invisible Tracking - no ads on your website.
- Accurate real-time website statistics with detailed visitor tracking and analysis.
"

I haven't tried WordPress but if I recall right I think it comes reinforced with web tracking services so WordPress users probably won't need this while it's highly recommended for Blogger users.

All you need is to register and start a project for your site then embed the code within your HTML editor.

Like for example my code is embedded on the bottom of the page right underneath the Visitors Map. See the little gray digits? That's StatCounter.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

wordpress does come ready with a built in stat program. but it doesn't come with statcounter's options. it only counts the hits and shows the referrers, only the basic stuff. but no ip, country, platform... etc.

and unlike blogger, wordpress do not allow you to embed html codes, so we can't really use statcounter.

Zed said...

that sucks, i really like star counter, and i was just about to switch to wordpress, looks like i'm staying right here, blogger blogger

Shayouma said...

I love the stat counter!

Shayouma said...

So I see this stat counter has more options than the one on word press.. it's like stalking Yiikes! lol

Anonymous said...

statcounter is just ok. I prefer gostats because of the fewer limits and better features.

(as far as I know, gostats is available for both blogger and wordpress)

Anonymous said...

lol

Anonymous said...

a7is hal-post mista'asadni LOOOOL

la walla shighil 3adil hal statecounter, thanks for the info

MacaholiQ8 said...

somecontrast:
Thanks for the info.


zed:
Spread the Blogger love! :D


shosho:
It's like stalking who's stalking you actually, so it's all good. ;)



anonymous:
I'll try GoStats and review it whenever possible. Thanks for the info.



fayoora:
Commented on the wrong post I presume. :P



outkasty:
Nope, to whom it may concern. :P
You're welcome.

KJ said...

but there's Google Analytics!

MacaholiQ8 said...

I don't have an AdCast account so I'm not missing on a lot. ;)

Anonymous said...

I am having so much fun with StatCounter, Mac. Thank you for mentioning it, and telling us how great it was. All it took was one trial run, and I was a goner - it is too cool.

MacaholiQ8 said...

You're most welcome, glad you like it.
Just to let you know there are also GoStats and Google Analytics though personally I think StatCounter is the best.